Tracker

>

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 36 - A couple pounds down and Couch to 5K

It's Monday, aka "weigh day" and it wasn't too bad all things considered.  I'm down exactly 3 lbs in the two weeks since I last weighed, I'll take that!  Considering most of last week was lost to a cold, I'll take that.  So I'm eating a big plate of egg beaters with Jennie O Turkey Pastrami and Reduced Fat Sargento Mexican Cheese and then I'm headed to the park to do night 1 of week 1 of the Couch to 5K training program.  Supposedly, by the end of the 8th week, if you can keep up the pace of the training schedule, they've got you (or really, me, I guess) ready for a 5k run, which is just a little over 3 miles.  I'm not sure if I can make that pace but I know I can do week one activities of running for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds in intervals for 20 minutes.  I'll take it a week at a time, if it does take longer than 8 weeks, so be it.  I go to walk at the park a couple times a week anyway so this will just give it some structure as training/exercise.  I'm excited.  One of the problems will be that I live in Las Vegas and in a couple or three months when I'm trained to run a 5K, it'll be so hot outside that I'll probably have to wait till fall to try one or risk spontaneous combustion. They might train people to run but training to run in 100+ degree heat, that's a whole other ball of wax...a drippy, melty ball of wax.

Fight the good fight!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! A couple of my friends are also doing the Couch to 5k. My bad knee won't let me, but good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!!
    very very very cute post!!=P
    follow u
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete