Tracker

>

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 14 - Strength in Numbers

Some numbers can be scary:
My age
My checking account balance..lol
My weight!!!

But today, I'm very happy with a number...the number 4.  That's how many comments I received on my post from Friday.  Four people who took a minute to type some words of inspiration that I really needed to hear. 
I often feel like the biggest one at the table, at the meeting, at the step class...  Everyone in my circle knows I'm trying to lose weight but nobody "gets" it really.  They all offer suggestions on how to lose but they don't understand the struggle of it all.  You guys get it, thank you.  I hope to one day return the favor.

I did better this weekend!  I pushed really hard in step class yesterday and got my water in both days.  I've spent the last couple hours making veggie soup for the week and I roasted a chicken, my first one, successfully.  I'm gonna put some Irish oats in the crock pot and I've got breakfast and lunches for the week all done!  Work days are what stresses me the most and seem to be when I fall off the wagon, so not having to plan my food daily should help.  I am lucky that I can eat the same thing over and over.  I usually just go for what's convenient.

And speaking of strength in numbers, my oldest friend Julie is driving from California tomorrow and will stay the week so I will not be alone in this.  I'm sure she'll hold me more accountable than my cat does!  She is also trying to improve her fitness and lose some pounds so we plan a week of eating well and working out.  I'm ready!

So tomorrow I will have my weekly weigh in and I will post my number (probably scary!) here tomorrow night and I will own it, whatever it is.  Then I will hit it hard and continue on this journey with my fellow bloggers.

All four of them  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Make it 5! No matter what the scale says tomorrow you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your going to have a great week......Keep pushing, you know it feels great once you accomplish any goal!!! I'm proud of you! Today is my motivation Monday so you will have to ck it out once I get it posted!!! :)

    ReplyDelete