Tracker

>

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 34 - I want to be one of THOSE people...

I am happy to say that although the cold was kicking my butt (that's quite a job with my butt too) I am on the mend and woke up able to breathe (helpful) and feeling a little feisty today!   I'm on the mend, woo hoo.  The cold sure put a dent in my 30-day check in plan so I guess I'll amend it to 45 days and just do it twice instead of 3 times during this 90-day adventure of fun extravaganza.  :)

So I was thinking while laying around sick, about those people who "can't eat" when certain things are going on.  My ex-husband for example, could never eat when it got too hot.  Some people can't eat when they are stressed out or nervous or excited.  Some people can't eat when they are sick and not feeling well. My friend Kathy can't eat when she's too tired, she just goes to bed...can you imagine??  lol   I'm NOT one of those people. I don't know why.  Is it in our upbringing or in our genes?  I mean, unless I'm so sick something is actually coming out of my mouth, I can always put something in it!  I've been eating all damn week, the cold didn't even put a dent in my appetite.  You know what they say.. "Feed a cold!" ? well I did.

This is just something I'm gonna have to deal with whether I understand it or not.  Another piece of my weight-loss puzzle.  I'm feeling fired up again and although I'm laying low this weekend, I'll be hitting it hard come Monday.

It just occurred to me that maybe one day, if I pull this off, that someone really could refer to me as one of THOSE people, funny..hmmm....   :)

3 comments:

  1. The only time I can't eat is when I am really upset about something. I'll go through a day or two where nothing sounds good, and I literally have to will myself to eat something.

    Sorta related -- I am always amazed at how differently I react to food. Last night, we went to an Oscar party and Cupcake War. There were at least three dozen cupcakes in six varieties. My husband and I took one of each and split them. I tasted each one and made my votes. And I could have had a couple more bites of my favorites easily. What I noticed is that other guests at the party could not even get through taste testing each of the six entries. They were all complaining that it was too sweet, they would be sick, or they were already feeling tummy aches.

    WTF? Why doesn't my body do that? Is it because I have fed it so much crap that it is just immune?

    Keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been jealous of THOSE people too! If ONLY I could stop eating when I was upset instead of doing the EXACT OPPOSITE! (Or, if I could learn not to get so bent out of shape about things in the first place)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah - we are in the same boat, I have yet to find something that is "too sweet" for me yet I do hear that often from co-workers and friends. I don't get it either, there seems to be no such problem for me!

    @Shan - At least we're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete