Tracker

>

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 28 - Ma'am, step away from the pizza...

Well, I'm almost at the 30 day mark and WOW..just wow.  This is much different (which, I guess means harder) than I thought it would be.  I wonder if most people who set out on such a journey feel the same way?  I thought I could hunker down and for 90 days just be a dieting saint.  Saint Stacey, Patron Saint of All Losers (weight loss losers btw!  no matter how big we all are, we are the coolest kids on the block lol)   Now I'm approaching my first 30 day weigh in/measure in/run in, and the numbers are not going to be that great. 

So with some deep thought about it today, this is where I'm at.  I've got the exercise thing totally under control. I take several classes a week and walk/jog at the park and use dvd's and my treadclimber.  And when I take a class, I TAKE THE CLASS..know what I mean? Yesterday, I pushed so hard in Step that I about passed out.  It's not that I'm pushing with the thought of a weigh-in in mind, it's that I love the music and I want to move like and keep up with the others in the class.  It's so fun.  And I feel great when it's over. Well yesterday I didn't feel that great, but normally I do.   Since starting this blog, I've increased my weights in BodyPump, started Zumba classes at the gym and I jogged my first lap around the park a few nights ago, something I was hoping I would be able to do by the end of the 90 day stretch and look, I did it before 30 days. (yippee)  So I know as far as getting stronger and having more endurance, I'm on my way.  Now, we have to address food. 

Food...oh dear food..what am I gonna do about my stress eating?  I've had a super difficult weekend and I admit I did not handle it well.  I reached out to my old ways of calming my nerves with bad food choices.  I won't go into detail, but there was a frozen pizza involved and it didn't survive the attack  :(    I have a fridge full of healthy choices, homemade soup, a chicken to roast this week but I WANTED the junk.  And I ate it.  I ate it knowing what was going to happen.  Insanity at it's finest.  So today I'm moping, I'm letting myself mope and feel sad and I'm trying to learn to FEEL my feelings not FEED them.  I did figure out something important today.  Although eating doesn't make me feel better, when I'm done eating something bad, my attention turns to the guilt over what I just ate and not the issue originally making me sad, frustrated or angry.  I never got that before...maybe it's a good sign I figured it out??

Some people need to start a diet on a Monday or they wait until the first of the month or they say, I'll start fresh tomorrow.  I need a definitive starting point as well, but usually make it something really odd.  Today is no different.  It's almost 4pm, I'm going to go put on my green jammies, my favorite ones (my favorite color) and I'm going to watch the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth as Mark Darcy with all my blinds closed and the lights out.  It's about 5 hours long.  I'm going to curl up on the couch with my favorite green blanket and just be pathetic.  And when the show is over, I'm starting over.  Maybe starting over isn't the best term? I'm continuing on the next leg of my journey.  First 30 days, got the exercise down.  Next 30 days, keep up the exercise level and focus on food control/stress eating and general intake.   Final 30 days?  lose Lose LOSE!!   I know we can all do this!

Mopingly yours,

Stacey  :-{

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you...I struggled this week to and vented. It makes me feel better to vent!! :) Your seeing progress, that's always great!

    We can do this, and we ARE going to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that on the days where I want to stress eat that cleaning instead helps me release the anxiety. This doesn't always work, but it's a win-win regardless because I usually eat less than I would have before and my house is cleaner :-)

    ReplyDelete