Tracker

>

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 8 - 1st weigh in..down .6lb

Ok, so when I started this I had visions of the week one weigh in being more like 6lbs not .6 but at least it is a  loss despite my horrible eating faux pas this past week.  Problem is, I'm losing weight I've already lost twice before.  I'm so frustrated and searching for answers to why it's so difficult to get a grip on my weight.  I just "want" the food that is so bad for me...   It doesn't make any sense to me and it's my life and my cravings and my weight..my tight jeans.   Why do I want to eat that fattening food when I don't feel good afterwards??  Is it sabotage mentally and I'm not going to figure it out?  It tastes good to me and we've all heard the "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" but when I want nachos supreme from taco bell, I forget I want to be thin and fit.  How is this possible?? 

The book I'm reading, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Reshaping the New You, has story after story of folks just like me.  Something triggers in their head and then they go for it...what am I supposed to do until that trigger occurs?  I really think I'm onto something with my concept of trying to take a step back and think about how I would treat myself or what I would say if I were talking to a friend.  Let's it try it right now, what would I say to a friend...

You had a great day today, Stacey!!  You planned your food last night and took it to work today and had plenty of good snacks to chew on while you kicked out those deadline reports today, popcorn, carrots, grapes..good job!!  Way to plan ahead.  I know you're tired and it's almost 7:30 but once you start working out tonight, you'll get a burst of energy that will carry you through and you'll be able to hop in the shower after and then prep for work tomorrow and then you can get some much needed rest.  Then you will have eaten well, worked out and slept well today.  That's the way to get what you want!  You're on the right track. And look, you slipped a little last week but still the scale went down...you're headed in the right direction. And you did great on exercising last week although you were a little challenged to avoid some of your favorite foods, I'm so proud of you.  I guess it's true...

I'm losing my mind...this is going to make me crazy....

No comments:

Post a Comment