Tracker

>

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3 - Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

I've never heard of Charlie Batch but "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance" is his quote.  I wonder what he, or whoever he had in mind when this came to him, did poorly? I'll have to google it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't inadequate planning for the kick off week of his 90-day health and fitness extravaganza in light of his impending 44th birthday..lol

Today was difficult, I didn't handle the stress of the day well...poor diet soda/water ratio, lots of chocolate at work, and cookies and taco bell for dinner and tonight, I did my taxes instead of exercising and it was as ugly as my squash covered microwave was..not as smelly mind you, but just as ugly.  Although I spent considerable time Sunday preparing for the first week of my project, I guess I didn't know what it would be like to know exactly what to prepare for.  I need to devise a workout schedule that accommodates work, my exercise needs and my fatigue level.  I'm still adjusting to the 4 10-hour shifts and actually had to go in early Monday and today and will do so tomorrow as well.  Also need to reevaluate what I'm taking to work food wise....I will do this!!!

I did exercise last night after all because Biggest Loser was only an hour long, so that's a positive. I got on the treadclimber and did weights and stretching.  Next week I'll take a step class on Tuesday night and watch the Biggest Loser rerun on Wednesday on my laptop while on the treadclimber at home.  Then I get 1 of my 3 classes in and am not up late watching tv on the couch.  So the bright side is that I'm figuring out what I need to tweak on Day 3 instead of Day 30 but I'm still unhappy with my performance today.  I won't drone on... there's no excuse and I think I should just put myself and today to bed.  Tomorrow is my Friday and a chance to get right back on track. 

"You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off...then you stand" ... Rascal Flatts Stand

It's time.  Now, I need to STAND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment