Tracker

>

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 1 - A 20 pound sausage in a 10 pound casing

So, a picture's worth a thousand words:
The scary "Before" picture!  1/24/2011
My original idea was to set the timer on the camera to take a full body/head shot this morning, but this one got snapped while I was trying to figure out the timer..and I think it pretty much says it all.  My friend Kathy would call this look A 20 pound sausage stuffed in a 10 pound casing and I would have to agree.   But it's OK because today is the start of my project and I will make sure future check in photos at 30, 60 and finally 90 days are taken in these pajamas.  These cute, purple, pajamas that my mama gave me for Christmas and I was so happy to fit into an XL.  Who was I kidding about the "fit" part.  Jeez...

Anyway..today was good, it's almost time to settle in for bed though.  I stayed within my caloric goal for the day, used the stairs at work a couple times (need to work on remembering to do that) and I went to the gym tonight and got on the treadmill for almost an hour, got my water in and at work today..I weighed:
That is ugggllyyy....I'm just a sneeze away from 200 pounds again...good thing I started this project now!!!  I admit to being more lax with my diet/exercise plan for a couple of weeks before Christmas and I caught a really bad cold right after so with about a month of relaxed standards I'm up about 12 pounds!  My clothes were tighter but I had NO idea I could even put on that much weight in such a short amount of time.  I am shocked.  How is it so difficult to lose it but so easy to put it back on?  My body cannot possibly want to be this heavy..if it does..why??

Also I decided toay that I'm changing my mind about not checking in daily, I've decided to do it..even it's a just saying today was good or today was really challenging or what I ate, photo...just something to be accountable to the project.  My weekly weigh ins with the wellness coach at work, Wendy, will always be included in my Monday posts but will also appear somewhere on the site as a list.  I'm starting to get some ideas for what I want to have on here but I'm such a blogging rookie, not sure how to do anything really besides what you see so far.  Just something else to learn, no problem.  This is a cool project, I'm enjoying it so far...well, all two days of it.  Ok, need to hop in the shower and then I'm going to bed early because I am beat and you can't stop me!!

Quoting my absolute favorite Journey song...Be Good to Yourself :)

Sausage Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment