Tracker

>

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2 - The aftermath of the Squash Bomb

I sense a trend here, I'm still on the "picture says a thousand words" kick so, what does this tell you?

Yeah, it was ugly.  I thought a bomb went off.  I was sitting at the kitchen island last night, minding my own business, with a spaghetti squash in the microwave that I intended to be my lunch today.  I was preparing as I always do and then...BOOOOM!!! As I turn to look at the microwave, the door flies open, the squash shoots out onto my tile floor, the door sucks shut and I sit in shock watching the steam exit the vents of the microwave.  Then the giggles hit...how flippin funny is this?  Everybody knows I can't cook but this is epic!  I had to share on facebook and figured I would put here as well if only to serve as a  testament  to the fact that to improve my food intake, I have got to learn how to cook!!!   It took an hour to clean it and I'm still not sure what the hell happened but even now, it's making me giggle a little...REALLY???  I'm trying to be good here and my lunch explodes??  Come on now!  Well, I burned off calories scrubbing and laughing my ass off last night and at work today recounting my squash bomb adventure...there's a bright side to everything right?

As far as checking in for today, day 2, I admit I had a little mindless M&M eating extravaganza in my boss's office and realized tonight that if I want to watch the Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights, I'm gonna have to work out in the morning OR maybe do weight/strength training during commercials...I don't know??  I need a plan for next tuesday, I like the show and  find it  motivating. 

So it was not the best day, not the worst day...well, it was probably the worst day for my squash. Rest in peace my little squash bomb and know that although you were not consumed and savoured, your antics brought smiles and laughter to me, my friends and my coworkers, you did not die in vain. 

= )

No comments:

Post a Comment